Writers willing to contribute are requested to follow G’nY’s guidelines and style sheet while writing the article. It will help in organising the content, especially in terms of references and citations.
The write-ups accepted for print in the RNI and ISSN accredited G’nY magazine can be:
- Research-based articles
- Case studies
- A sector overview
- Issue-based opinion
- Concept-based article
- Innovation based scientific findings
- Experiential articles (travel and more)
Points to be noted regarding G’nY style sheet:
- The text should contain original writing.
- Kindly use only UK English (like organisation, standardisation, colour, labour and more).
- 1 to 10 should be written in words (not when depicting quantity).
- Percent should be written as ‘per cent’.
- No special characters to be used.
- Use INR for rupee and USD for dollars etc.
- Repetition should be avoided.
- An abbreviation may be opened out once at the outset and thereafter abbreviation may be used in the subsequent text (eg. World Health Organisation (WHO) is a premier health organisation in the world. WHO has various branches across the globe.).
- Avoid over hyphenating.
- Use long dash wherever connecting two sentences.
- G’nY follows the date format mm/dd/yy. The format for the date may be written as April 22, 2018.
- Content from any article, website, news website, journal etc., needs to be cited as reference/s in the article.
Format to be followed while submitting an article:
- Headline (Title of the article)
- Abstract 150 – 170 words
- Subheads in the article
- References in APA format with well-indicated citations in the text.
- Brief information (summary of 100 words) to be provided for graph/s or chart/s provided.
- Graphs, charts should be preferably in MS Office (Excel) and not in jpeg or any other format.
- The images sent along with the articles should of high-resolution along with the source.
- Contact details, email ID and a mobile number, with a brief bio are also needed.
Authors are requested to provide six to eight words that will serve as keywords for their articles.
GEOGRAPHY AND YOU SECTION DETAILS
Feature Articles: The article should not exceed 2, 500 words including notes and references. Submissions should not have been published simultaneously in any other magazine, newspaper, website or any other publishing forum. In case the article is accepted/published elsewhere you are requested to inform the G’nY office and withdraw content.
Submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions should not have been published simultaneously in any other magazine, newspaper, website or any other publishing forum.
Geography and You invites a short contribution from subject experts to the ‘opinion’ section on topical themes, pertinent to issues related to climate change, developmental issues, branches of geography, environmental, social and economic issues. These should ideally be of 800-900 words.
A short description of about 100 words on the latest books on geography, science, economy and development can be submitted under this head.
Critical Overviews of Policies:
Critiques on the latest policy prescriptions, debate are invited to be included in this section. The word limit is about 800-1000 words.
Readers of Geography and You are requested to send their comments (50-60 words) on the published pieces in the magazine, website or any other social media site.
Contributors are requested to provide their full information along with their postal address along with their submissions. We request the writers to not provide the revised versions based on deletions or additions in the articles as it may lead to a delay in the processing of article/s. All revisions/ additions can be undertaken at the pre-print stage, once the article is accepted.
The copyright of all the articles belongs to Geography and You only. G’nY usually posts all the published articles in its own print version, on its website and further posts on various online databases under its banner.
Permission for Reproduction:
No published article or feature is to be reproduced in any other journal or website without seeking permission of Geography and You. Please write for permission at email@example.com
Address of communication:
Editorial Office: 504 Bhikaji Cama Bhawan, R K Puram, New Delhi-110066, India.